Rector of Georgian Technical University Doctor of Technical Sciences, Full Professor
1 Paster St. 0102 Tbilisi, Georgia
Pone + (995 32) 36 51 52 (office) 95 36 92 (home)
DATE OF BIRTH April 13, 1961.
CIVIL STATUS Married; 2 children
- 1983-1987 – Post graduate student. Computer-Engineering Faculty. Georgian Polytechnic Institute. Tbilisi, Georgia.
- 1978-1983 – High, System-Engineer. Faculty of Automatics and Computer Engineering. Georgian Polytechnic Institute. Tbilisi, Georgia.
SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITY AREA:
Information Systems Technology and Computer Engineering, Modelling and Control Theory of Complex Systems.
- 2009 – Till now Rector of Georgian Technical University.
- 2008-2009 – Acting Rector. Technical University of Georgia.
- 2007 - till now President of Georgian Engineering Academy;
- 2005-2008 - Vice-Rector of Technical University of Georgia;
- 2002-2005 Special Representative of the President of Georgia in the Energy Sphere;
- 1993 - till now Professor of the Department of Computer Network System of Technical University of Georgia;
- 1992-2005 – Scientific Leader of the Scientific-Research Laboratory for Computer and Informatics Technologies. Georgian Technical University;
- 1992-2003 – Science Deputy Director. Institute of Informatics, Control Systems and Telecommunications; Georgian Technical University;
- 1988-1992 – Assistant Professor. Computer Engineering Department of the Georgian Technical University and the Head of the Scientific-Research Laboratory;
- 1987-1988 – Junior Research Scientist at the Scientific-Research laboratory of the Georgian Technical University.
- 2013 – Full Member of Georgian National Academy of Sciences;
- 2010 – Full Member of European Academy of Science and Art;
- since 2004 – Full Member of the Georgian Energy Academy;
- since 1997 Corresponding Member of the Georgian Academy of Science;
- since 1996 Full Member of the Georgian Engineering Academy;
- since 1995 Full Member of the International Engineering Academy;
- since 1994 Full Member of International Academy of Informatization of UN.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- 2013 –The international Charitable Foundation of the Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia for the Development and Revival of Spirituality, Culture and Science. Board Member;
- 2011 – till now Georgian Representative for the Financial Committee of Intergovernmental Organization “Nuclear Research Center” - (city Dubna, Russian Federation);
- 2011 – till now Georgian Representative of GUAM Countries Nanotechnology Development Council.
- 2010 – till now Leader of Nanotechnology Problems Study Group of the National Academy of Sciences of Georgia;
- 2007 - till now Chairmen of the Scientific Doctoral Dissertation Board of the faculty of Informatics and control Systems; Georgian Technical University;
- 2006 – till now Member of the Advisory Board of American Biographical Institute;
- 2005 – till now Member of the Science Board of Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation;
- 1998-2003 – till now Member of the Scientific Board for Energetic Problems of Georgian Scientific Academy;
- 1998-2003 Member of the Scientific-Expertise Board of the Department of Emergence Situation and Civil Defense; Ministry of Georgian Inner Affairs;
- 1999-2003 Chairmen of Supervisory Board of Commercial Bank;
- 1992-1995 General Director of Georgian-Singapore Joint Enterprise;
- Since 1999 – 18 post-graduates and PhD Thesis are maintained by his scientific guidance.
Author over 200 scientific publications, 20 monographs, 11 books and 20 patents.
KEY AREAS FOR IMPLEMENTATION
Astrophysics, Space Instrument-Making, Parallel Processing Facilities of Information, Multi-Machine Control Systems, Energetics, Telecommunication.
- 2012 Awarded the National Prize for Processing and Implementation Biometric Computer Technologies in the field of Science and Technology;
- 2005 was presented Georgian Science History Medal for successive Achievement in Science.
- 2003 Awarded with the Honorary Decoration;
- 2000 Granted an Honorary Title "Eminent Engineer of the 20th century" for acknowledged allocation in the development of Science, Technique and Technology as well as for the benefit of promotion the International Engineering Community by the Decree of the Board of Presidents of the International Engineering Academy;
- 1996 was presented Honorary Medal;
- 1995 Granted with the Professor Scientific Rank;
- 1992 Granted with the Scientific Degree – Doctor of Science in Techniques; Georgian Technical University;
- 1991 Was awarded the Rank of Assistant Professor
- 1990 Granted with the Georgian State Prize in the field of Science and Technology for the development of microprocessor network structures and for successive implementation in the serial manufacture;
- 1987 Granted with the Scientific Degree of Technical Science Candidate; Moscow, Engineering-Physic Institute..
- Georgian (native),
- Russian (fluent, excellent),
- English (good)