Enrollment procedures at GTU for Foreign Citizens
To launch the enrollment procedures at GTU, for the beginning the Applicant should apply with appropriate Application to the Rector of Georgian Technical University for the approval. Herewith the Application should include the Applicant’s first/last Name, ID number, Citizenship as well as the relevant information about the Name of the Faculty/specialty, Cycle of Higher Education, Program Title, and Language of Instruction.
The following documents should be attached to the application:
- copies of all pages of the citizenship document;
- copy of Bachelor Diploma and Diploma Supplement (for graduate candidate)
- transcript (grade list) from home university;
- one of the following documents confirming domicile in a foreign country for the last two or more years
- registration in a foreign country;
- consular registration;
- any other document, which, according to the legislation of a foreign country, confirms the fact of domicile of an individual on its territory;
- written consent of the principal of the institution selected by a candidate on possibility of his/her enrollment in vacant positions within the scope of general number of the students (first/last name and faculty/specialty).
Documents in foreign languages shall be translated into the Georgian language and certified by a notary.
The appropriate Commission will review the application and attached documentation and interview the applicant and may conduct the testing if needed. In case of positive decision after the interview (testing) with the applicant, by the recommendation of the Commission, the Rector will issue written consent on possibility of applicant enrollment in vacant positions within the scope of general number of the students (with first/last name and faculty/specialty).
After receiving of such written consent of GTU Rector, the applicant has the right to submit an application to the legal entity of public law – National Centre for Education Quality Enhancement of Georgia, according to Order №224/N of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia (December 29, 2011) approved “The Rule for submission and review of the documents required for high-school graduates/graduate students/students with the purpose of study in the higher education institutions of Georgia without passing uniform national entrance/general graduate examinations”.
For more detail information: