RETHINKe Project (funded by the TEMPUS programme of the European Commission) is opening a Call for pilot students for studying a Double Degree Programme (DDP) on Architecture or Urbanism at the Faculty of Architecture, University of Lisbon (Portugal) during 3 months. This call intends to help PhD students/young researchers of GTU to cover their expenses during three month training/research period in Portugal, for 2016/2017 academic year (second semester).
During this period PhD students/young researchers will be able to attend several courses in Architecture/Urbanism in order to create a clear understanding of this program, university environment – thesis objectives, curricula subjects, program professors, teaching staff, infrastructure, leaving requirements. It will help them to check and verify a Double degree doctoral program in Architecture/Urbanism, which was developed under the RETHINKe project and to suggest necessary improvements.
Eligible applicants and application requirements:
The study programme is available to PhD students/young researchers, registered at the Georgian Technical University and correspond to the following criteria of eligibility:
- PhD students/young researchers involved in urban or architectural investigations developed by GTU such as Doctoral Program in Architecture or Doctoral Program in Urbanism (proof to be provided).
- B2 English level. PhD students/young researchers have to present one of the internationally recognized certificates (Cambridge, TOEFL, ILTS, TELC, etc) – to be provided within an application.
- Academic records (GPA) calculated according to GPA Calculator
/ or doctoral degree diploma of the candidate.
- Proof of belonging to one of the disadvantage groups (by social, economic, physical reasons) (if applicable).
- Appropriate CV, relevant recommendation letters and above mentioned docuemntation should be sent to Local Coordinator, Nino Chachava (firstname.lastname@example.org
) no later than 24.04.2017.
Evaluation procedure will be conducted by GTU and FAUL, based on academic merit, cross-cutting issues, and principle of transparency. Only 1 vacancy is available to be funded by the RETHINKe project. After the analysis of the eligibility and merit of the candidates, cross-cutting issues will be also taken into account (if applicable). GTU and FAUL will perform an independent evaluation and selection.
Final decision and acceptance letter will be sent to the selected grantee’s email before the 26th of April, 2017 by GTU’s Local Coordinator.
Selection results will be published by GTU on their institutional website.
RETHINKe grantee will receive a grant of 4 500 EUR (1500 per month) to cover visa/insurance/costs of stay expenses (according to the TEMPUS programme Guideline). Travel costs will be covered by the RETHINKe project.
GTU Faculty of Architecture, Urban Planning and Design
Contact Person - Nino Chachava, Project Local Coordinator