On January 10, at Georgian Technical University was conducted ToT Training Course opening event within British Council “Creative Spark: Higher Education Enterprise Programme”, organized by GTU International Relations and Standards Office.
It should be noted, that GTU, with the status of partner university, won British Council grant competition: “Creative Spark: Higher Education Enterprise Programme”
with Keele University (Great Britain).
The project with the partnership between GTU and Keele University, aims to:
• Develop entrepreneurial skills in students and young people employed in creative industry.
• Support new businesses with the help of incubation process.
• Share knowledge.
Plans for the first year (2019) within the project:
- Trainings for entrepreneurial skills development (for teachers, students and graduates);
- Develop 10 business ideas by the moderation of experts (trainers);
- Incubate these business ideas;
- Organize international online competition of business ideas;
- Offer online English language courses to students and staff.
Among the event participants were Dr. Colin Rigby (Keele University); Mr. Giorgi Razmadze, Project Coordinator (British Council); Ms. Larisa Pataraia (managing partner at Start Business Solution); Prof. Zurab Gasitashvili, GTU Deputy Rector for Science and other representatives of GTU administration as well as GTU Professor-teachers and students.
Dr. Rigby and Mr. Razmadze made the presentation about the Creative Spark Project and its future planned activities. Ms. Pataraia delivered the lecture about Georgian Start Up opportunities and challenges.
According to the activities planned within the framework of the Georgian-British project, Train the Trainers (ToT) course will be conducted at Georgian Technical University on January 10-14, led by the project British partners. The aim of these activities is to facilitate professional development of university staff and train the trainers and moderators of relevant qualifications, in order to share gained knowledge and experience with their colleagues and students for successful implementation of the project activities.